Take a Tour
Support and FAQs
News and Tips
Vanity Node Numbers
Routers and Firewalls
16 March 2021: After a 14-year hiatus, we are pleased to announce that EchoLink for Windows version 2.1 is now available. Please see the Download page to download. The changelog is shown below.
Current Version: 2.1.109
2.1.109 (March 18, 2021)
- Fixes an issue that could prevent stations calling CQ from being able to connect to each other.
2.1.108 (March 16, 2021)
- Updated main window look, with dockable menu bar and selectable visual styles
- New "Call CQ" feature (also to be rolled out on Mobile app editions), including DTMF code to activate
- Automatic Proxy selection option
Migrated to 16-bit audio, to match all modern sound cards.
This is a significant change to the audio chain that should result in noticeably better SNR and audio quality.
- Better sizing/rendering on Windows "large font" and/or high DPI settings
- Fixed bug with mislabeled audio devices on Audio tab
- Added Recent QSOs folder to Explorer View
- Explorer View is now the default
- Added Search Results folder for a "find all" Search function
- Improved inbound/outbound Firewall Tests
- Clearer labeling of available COM ports in drop-downs for Sysop configuration
- Added SignaLink (VOX) as a third interface option in Setup Wizards
- Option to enable a continous subaudible tone to keep VOX-driven devices keyed consistently throughout each transmission.
- Smarter handling of connection message protocol to improve connect reliability after IP change
- Removed support for, and mentions of, dial-up networking
- Option to show timestamps for each message in text-chat window
- Fix for not muting conference audio during playing of Welcome message to newly-connected peer.
- Removed "Auto-select mic input" PTT option. (This was only available on Windows XP and below.)
- Revised Help file.
- Added "Reset to Defaults" button on Setup->Timings tab; adjusted numerical validation ranges.
- Extended maximum length of Name field to 18 characters.
2.0.908 (May 22, 2007)
- Fixed problems with displaying Asian characters in Chat window and Station List.
- Fixed intermittent page-refresh problem with Web remote control feature (in Sysop mode).
If you are upgrading from an earlier release of EchoLink, please note
EchoLink 2.1 runs on Windows Vista and above (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10).
Windows XP, and editions prior to XP, are no longer supported, nor recommended.
Please use the prior version if you are running a very old Windows edition.
If you are upgrading from 2.0, please note that any Countries you may have selected in the Security tab
(under Preferences) will not be carried over, and must be re-configured.
It is not possible to downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0 using the Installer. If you've upgraded to 2.1
and wish to revert to 2.0, you must un-install 2.1 first. (Your configuration settings will
not be retained and will need to be re-entered.)
If you can see the list of stations, but
are having difficulty connecting to other stations on EchoLink, please read the
section Firewall Solutions.
Stations which have just come online, or
have just changed status, are highlighted in yellow in Index View.
- Version 2.1.108 contains a bug that can prevent stations that are calling CQ from automatically connecting to each other. This is fixed in version 2.1.109.
- If you are using a high-resolution display (such as a 4K monitor) and you have chosen text scaling higher than 125% in your Windows Display settings, the EchoLink application might not size itself correctly. This will be fixed in an upcoming release, but as a work-around, you can set the Compatbility properties for the EchoLink application to override High DPI scaling behavior, with scaling to be performed by the System instead of the application.
- Integration with UIView32 is no longer supported, as of version 2.1. However, this option still appears in the Help file and as an option in the APRS configuration on the RF Info tab. An error message will be displayed if UIView32 is selected in the TNC Interface drop-down.